joy-
the emotion of great delight
or happiness caused by something
exceptionally good or satisfying.

lately i've been focusing on living a life of joy.
not a life of happiness [the quality or state of being happy; pleasure], but joy.
taking great delight in Someone that is exceptionally good.
taking great delight in Someone that is satisfying.

doing so has definitely caused a change in me.
doing so has allowed me to see through the frustration of daily life.
has enabled me to seek out the vision of Christ in everyday things.
has softened my heart to things.
to people.
to life.

i don't want to be a follower of Christ that is upset with life.
that is upset with how things are going.
that is constantly focused on the negative.
that is complacent.

i want to be a follower of Christ that,
regardless of the situation, says "He knows what He's doing."
that people look at and see Him first.
that finds peace in tough situations.
that takes great delight in what He's done, and is still doing for me.
that is constantly seeking after the One who is much bigger than me.


the Lord delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
psalm 147:11

delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
psalm 37:4

my heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high.
my mouth boasts over my enemies, for i delight in your deliverance.
1 sam 2:1

why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satifsy?
listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
isaiah 55:2

surely then you will find delight in the Almighty
and lift up your face to God.
job 22:26

that is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses,
in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. for when i am weak,
then i am strong.
2 corinthians 12:10

...he rescued me because he delighted in me.
2 sam 22:20b

direct me in the path of your commands, for there i find delight.
psalm 119:35

no longer will they call you Deserted
or name your land Desolate...
for the Lord will take delight in you.
isaiah 62:4


joy. the emotion of great delight or happiness
caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.

No comments: