Gone to Carolina in My Mind

in my mind i'm gone to carolina.
can't you feel the sunshine?
can' you just feel the moonshine?
ain't it just like a friend of mine to hit me from behind?
yes, i'm gone to carolina in my mind.

i'm really excited about everything that this summer has to offer, but i've got a lot going on in the next few days before i can head out and be ready...

@one more day of 4th grade observation
@one more night of diversity thursday
@friday sub day in kindergarten
@face-to-face meeting with my student teaching co-op teacher
@send out bible study names and age groups
@finalize the roommate situation
@finish packing
@laundry
@thrift shopping for awesome costumes
@graduation parties in edwardsville
@sunday morning church at fbcm
@more laundry and packing
@plan for bible study training
@monday sub day in learning resource
@tuesday sub day in first grade
@trip to nashville
@night of mayhem and awesome with friends
@travel, travel, travel
@train
@and camp.

look forward to my summer address being posted soon.
until then, stay awesome.

dark and silent late last night
i think i might have heard the highway calling
geese in flight and dogs that bite
signs that might be omens say i'm going, going
i'm gone to carolina in my mind.

six [almost five] days until i'm out of illinois and on my way to everything that is North Greenville University Fuge Combo Camp 2009.

1 comment:

MeLissa said...

Please. Do not forget to send me my Bible Study name. I would like to call dibs on something awesome like "The Hamster Wheel" or "Tu Mama" or "Shut Yo' Mouf Team". Any of those will do.