...from the journal (8.12.10)

Yesterday, I noted God's hand on David.

I saw that again today, but I also saw David stick true to what God had for him. Throughout David's days, he's given options and he seeks out what God has...

"he (David) inquired of the Lord," 
"Once again David inquired of the Lord and the Lord answered him" 
(1 Samuel 23:2,4). 

Can it really be that simple?
Do I believe in the power of prayer?

I know it wasn't the main focus of these passages, but it's hard to miss what happens when there is an open line of communication with the Lord. 

David couldn't help but ask because he knew that God would lead him the right way. So asking God was David's only option. And maintaining that relationship with the Lord enabled David in more ways than he could ever have imagined. 

How much more for me if I would open and maintain communication with the Lord!?


The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness.  
--1 Samuel 26:23

No comments: