t-h-a-n-k-s.

if i wasn't thankful, i would be remiss:

  • family crazy -- my family is straight up off the chain. it's funny to me that even though we are spread out and don't get to see each other often, as soon as we get together a lifetime of ridiculous occurs. it is magic. 
  • work -- even on the most stressful and tiring days, i'm able to say that i love what i do. i am humbled to think that i am thought fit to have a part in the lives of so many children. 
  • friends -- i can't say enough how thankful i am for people that laugh at my jokes. people that text me back when i'm in the mood to be random. people that constantly pour encouragement and "real" into my life. people that let me vent and people that vent to me. people that are nothing but awesome.
     
  • the chance to be me -- i am so lucky to know people that let me be me. it's pretty unreal.
  • the Maker of all things. the One who gives me life. i am so fortunate to be able to call myself a child of His. i make mistakes, i run, i don't listen...but still He forgives and is faithful to me. [i am most thankful for that]

obviously, the list doesn't cover everything, but it's a start.

yesterday my cousin, Michael, jokingly said, "thanksgiving isn't a day...it's a mindset," and i actually stopped to think about how true that was. this year [november to november], i'm going to work on having more of a thankful mindset.

here's to a year of recognizing blessings and being thankful at all times.

    1 comment:

    Mindy said...

    Amen! Such great blessings! I pray that the Lord will open your eyes and heart more than you can imagine in the next 12 months as you receive and acknowledge so many more blessings. :)