you're in the city of wonder

I've subbed for the past two days in the 2nd grade class that I started the school year with...I was with them for 12 weeks, gone for two weeks once their teacher came back, and now I've been back with them for two days.

Today has been a frustrating day in 2nd grade...to say the least.

Yesterday, I was with these same kids. And these same kids brought the same baggage. The same smiles. The same laughter. The same attitudes toward life that they always have.

Today, these kids are the same. But today has been different.

I changed.
It was me.
I surprise myself.
Everyday.

Yesterday, I was so excited to be with these kiddos because I hadn't seen them in a while. I was excited to get the chance to love on these kids that I had spent so much time with at the beginning of the school year.

And today it was different. It was like the newness of the situation wore off.

And I caught myself thinking that.
How rude am I?

I am blessed to be able to say that I have been a part of each of the lives of these kids. I am blessed to have been able to show love in a way that other people will never be able to. I have been able to see love and joy and laughter that only a child can give or show.

Who am I to be frustrated with the situations that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of? Who am I to question or be unhappy with His calling on my life?

it's a thief in the night to come and grab you
it can creep up inside you and consume you
a disease of the mind it can control you...disturbia...



i love and am so thankful for these kids. 


[disturbia -- rihanna]

No comments: