O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still.
-Psalm 83:1

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
-Lamentations 3:22-26

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
-Isaiah 61:1-3

I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit. You heard my please: "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief." You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life.
-Lamentations 3:55-58

"For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
-2 Samuel 22:32-33

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the god we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
-Daniel 3: 17-18

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
-Matthew 5:6

Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
-Isaiah 64:8

Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.
-Proverbs 8:34-36

But as for me, I will always have hope...
-Psalm 71:14a

Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
-Psalm 40:17

No comments: