Slow Down--You Move Too Fast

i started reading through crazylove by francis chan this week.
it's not a big book.
and some would consider it an easy read.

but i'm taking my time with it.
reading it slowly.
because i don't want to miss anything.

i know that my time is short.
i know that.
but i act like i'm going to live forever.
i act like my life is all about me...it's not.

my ultimate purpose on earth is to glorify the One who created me.
on good days. on bad days. when it's easy to follow. when it's not.
but i'm selfish, and i let that get in the way.

over the past few weeks, i've really been working at taking in my surroundings (places, people, etc.) and appreciating them. i've really been working at being thankful that God allows me to be a part of all of this. and now i'm looking to be less selfish. to be more loving. i'm looking to follow, with reckless abandon, the God that gave [and continues to give] me life.

all i ask of you is that you pray that God would continue to work. that i would take my time with Him. that i won't be afraid to be patient and wait. that i wouldn't miss anything. that He would continue to make more of himself and less of me. that my life would be for, and glorify only Him.

1 comment:

Molly said...

i used a barnes and noble gift card i got awhile ago and bought this book because your blog made me want to. :)

I loooove you Leslie and I miss you!